Monday, August 03, 2009

Wat Nok in Thonburi

Wat Nok is located in the Thonburi district of Bangkok, not far from Wat Paknam. Using the address from an amulet magazine ad, I took a taxi there. Above we see the temple gate. The newly built Vihara. The entrance to the Vihara. An image of Jatukam is above the door. The principal Buddha statue of Wat Nok. Below the Buddha were cabinets with relic-holding chedis. All around the hall were statues of the 500 Arahants. The images were the same, but the names were different. The golden chedi on the top floor of the Vihara. The crematorium. The Ubosot. Below was the temple shop and store room. Lots and lots of Buchas here. Above we see the famous Wat Nok Phra Prom statues sitting on 4 elephant heads. Too big for me to bring back though.. The latest batch of Tao Wessuwan statues. They also have many Chinaraj and Nakprok buchas. One of the altars inside the temple shop. The famous Phra Prom shrine of Wat Nok. One of the Tao Wessuwan buchas that I chowed back. Address and Tel No of Wat Nok.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How big is the Wat Nok Phra Phrom bucha ? 7"inch,i assumed? The Tao Wessuwan U chow is 4"inch,correct?

Wayne Woo said...

That Phra Prom is 9". Yes Wessuwan has a 4" base.

Unknown said...

Hi Wayne, do you have the address of Wat Nok, because I want to visit there, thanks
please e-mail me
my address is wyman.wong3328@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Wayne, can you email me the address of Wat Nok also?!I,m going Bangkok,so thought of visiting Wat Nok.Thanks! Email is : heas7@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Wayne, can you email me the address of Wat Nok also?!I,m going Bangkok,so thought of visiting Wat Nok.Thanks! Email is : yongwilson@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Wayne:

Have you heard of Ajahn Jet from Wat Nok? Is he also a monk and well known/respected?

Appreciate you also email me the address of the Wat Nok at:

akira.hideyo@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Wayne,

Do you have the address to Wat Nok in Thongburi? Can you send it to my email :
Stming@live.com.

Thank you