Friday, January 25, 2008

Ajarn Od of Wat Saimai

Ajarn Od of Wat Saimai is one of the rising "young" stars of the Thai Buddhist amulet world (the other being Ajarn Daeng of Wat Rai in Pattani). Wat Saimai is located in the Rangsit area of Bangkok, near the old airport. When I was there (on 18.01.2008), the temple was thronging with hundreds of Thai people all waiting and queuing up to see Ajarn. They were there because it was the launching day(s) of a new batch of amulets from the temple, and Ajarn was also giving out freebies. I only managed to cut queue and meet him thanks to my driver, who told the police officer guarding his kuti that I was from Singapore. The kind officer let us in specially to see Ajarn in consideration that I have come a long way (sort of). Coincidentally, another brother from Singapore also happened to be there for the same purpose. Ajarn Od drawing Yants on my Rians. He looked quite serious, but he was actually quite capable of joking with us; he offered to test the protective power of the takruts he gave me by hacking me on the back with his sword! Obviously I declined, to the laughter of those people present. Whew!
These are the you-know-what takruts I received from Ajarn. On the right are Ajarn Od's first batch of Rian (medallions). Each person was only limited to getting 3 pieces, so I bought 3 and gave one of them to my driver in appreciation for his help. Before I went to Bangkok, I did not know Ajarn's story. Then on further enquiry, my driver told me that sometime ago one of the Thai princes tested out Ajarn Od's takruts by trying to shoot him with a pistol. The prince tried 3 times, but the pistol failed to work everytime due to the protective power of the takrut. He was amazed and prostrated before the master. So from that time Ajarn Od became famous and many people went to Wat Saimai to pay respect to him. I seriously count myself lucky that I too was able to meet him and receive takruts from him.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should go for the hacking. i did & it's not testing of the takrud. it's more like blessing. :)
good to see Ajahn AOD new rians.

Anonymous said...

I also heard the same story of the Thai Prince who tested the power of the takruds of Ajahn Od Wat Sai Mai from a Lumpor who is from Hatyai.

kkk said...

Hi Wayne, Do you still have AC OD's bullet takrut? If you do, can you sell me one? Thank you.

Wayne Woo said...

I don't have Ajarn Od's takruts for sale any more..

Bernard Tan said...

Hi Wayne,

I was looking for a Meed Mor from Wat Saimai and bought one from ebay. But I could not find the stamp from the temple on my Meed Mor sheath. Could you advise me where is the stamp located and what does it look like? Thanks.

Unknown said...

hey if i'm looking for one, do u hv any? thanks.

Anonymous said...

ajarn od is a good monk.. i know him.. if you been there .. just mention i am kelvin from singapore .. he know who am i..

his the best i can only say..

FANG JOVYINE said...

Ajarn Od is a very great yet humble monk. I visit him in Wat Saimai very often. The takrut, the bullet and his blessing is very powerful.