Sunday, January 20, 2013

LP Jeud of Wat Po Setthi

LP Jeud of Wat Po Setthi in Nakhon Pathom province is a famous guru monk best known for his wealth hornet amulets. However I did not get to meet him when I visited this temple. Above we see the platform in the main Sala where he normally blesses devotees.
Altar with Phra Sivali and LP Jeud's masters.
Buddha statues in the side Sala.
Large Bodhi Tree.
LP Yai Buddha shrine.
The Pikanet riding Hornet shrine, still under construction.
Bell tower.
Phra Pidta carved from coconut husk, with many takruts embedded behind.
Somdej riding twin hornets, with 2 takruts behind.

5 comments:

wakunini said...

coconut phra pidta still available?

wakunini said...

coconut phra pidta still available?

wakunini said...

coconut phra pidta still available?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

IS RANDY DE JAGER STILL ON THIS FORUM?

I HAVE LIVED IN THAILAND FOR OVER 23 YEARS AND MY WIFE OF 20 YEARS IS FROM LAMPHUN VERY NEAR CHIANGMAI.

My spirit Ajan is the deceased Chiangmai monk Kru Bha Siri Chai who is given credit for leading the construction of the Doi Suthep Road up to the top of the mountain leading out of Chiangmai and the renovation of many local Chiangmai and Lamphun Buddhist sites.

I was recently enchanted by the nine headed Buddha having heard about it and spent some time looking for one recently down near the Gulf of Siam.....only to go home and find a good sized cast brass one already on our home Buddha sala table placed there by my Thai brother in law from Lamphun.

I was thinking of moving it up to be the most prominent Buddha image on our Buddha sala cabinent.

I decided to surf the internet first to find out what the nine headed Buddha meant as I still had absolutely no idea.

Thank you Wayne for the wonderful definition as I now know how important it is in my life right now.

Randy de Jager are you still on this forum?

Do you still have your wooden nine headed Buddha?

Peace Brothers and Sisters